As for my Christmas, it was great. Although, I missed getting to see my family this year, we got to spend some time with Dan's family and some quality time with my sweet pups, who I spoiled like crazy!
Here's what I did (and didn't) do over my holiday break.
- I did see quite a few movies. I saw "Everything's Fine", "Up in the Air" and "Precious" in the theaters (all of which I would highly recommend) and watched a few flicks on DVD. The only movie I didn't get around to seeing is "Did you hear about the Morgans?", but I am hoping to see that New Years Day.
- I didn't work out as much as I would like. I got runs in when I could, but didn't get in any swims or biking last week, despite my good intentions.
- I read quite a bit, devouring several books. I love to read, but struggle to find the time. It was nice to be able to curl up with some good books.
- I ate. A LOT. Seriously. This week my goal is to run a lot to get rid of the food baby that I have grown over the past few weeks. I enjoy going to Dallas to see Dan's family, but I always come back feeling like I gained 10 pounds. They like to cook and eat. And, not healthy food either. My best attempt (option) at trying to eat healthy while I was there a plate full of vegetables....which were doused in cheese so I'm thinking they weren't that good for me.
- I spent quality time with my
babiespuppies, which was nice. We took several trips to the Bark Park and Petsmart to spoil them with treats. We took long walks, played fetch and curled up on the couch watching TV. I feel super guilty having to go back to work today and leave them. I told Dan I think I would just like to be a stay at home dog Mommy, but that didn't go over too well. Sigh...