Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quote of the Day/Three Things Thursday

I love this quote:

Having a true faith is the most difficult thing in the world. Many will try to take it from you. - Steve Prefontaine

Three Things Thursday:
  1. My legs are feeling back to normal after the marathon. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty freaking sore until yesterday. The worst was trying to sit down to use the toilet. My quads reject the squatting position post marathon.
  2. Back at run group this morning. It was awesome weather. Like 70's and sunny. I ran with Christa, which meant running faster than planned, but it was a good workout. 9 miles plus core.
  3. My awesome friend Shawn has kindly offered to walk/hand hold me through this Ironman process. It will probably be the best thing that could happen to me because he will be developing my training schedule and holding me accountable for it. He sent me a lengthy questionnaire/analysis/in depth summary of my goals and previous training this morning to fill out. He even gave me homework so he can access where I'm at (I can do the swim homework, not excited about the bike homework). It's nice to have good friends.
That is all. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment