Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nothing to see here....

Lazy weekend.

These two words rarely describe my weekends, but they do in fact describe this weekend quite well. I didn't have any set plans for workouts this weekend - thinking I would get to the pool, or get on my bike, but neither happened.

By the time Friday rolled around I was exhausted. I was so tired at work Thursday and Friday that my head was literally pounding. Our Boston trip - from waking up at 2:45 to catch a flight, running a marathon and walking all over the City - wore me out. I didn't sleep well once we returned home from the trip for some reason, and so by Friday I was ready for a weekend without any looming workouts. It was actually very refreshing. I'm so used to following a schedule and always training for something, that it's nice step back from my normal weekend routine every once in awhile. And, coming off of Boston, it's just what I needed.

I'm trying to make my Boston recovery a smart one. My leg/hip/glute issue is still nagging, and I'd rather not have it hang around for the summer.

So, for the next two weeks I am keeping my running mileage low. Like under 30 miles per week low. Yeah. For a mileage monster like myself, it's like barely running. In fact, out of all of my morning workouts scheduled for this week, not one of them involves running. I'll be in the pool and hitting up some spin classes. While normally I would be less than thrilled by missing pre-dawn runs, I'm actually excited to cross train. This injury has made running more of a stressful chore for me, and I'm a bit burned out. I'll fight through this and stay positive because that's all I can do.

I'll leave you with some pictures from our trip to the park with the hounds. Because everyone should love pictures of hound dogs :)


Impossible to get them to smile for the camera
Yes, we take our dogs to the playground. And, yes, they go down the slide...

3 comments:

  1. Love the hound pictures! Sounds like a good recovery is what you need. I didn't even leave the house today which I have to say felt surprisingly good and I didn't even feel guilty about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a hound going down the slide video on this blog. I need to see this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you needed a "lazy" weekend!
    Very cute pics!

    ReplyDelete