Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back in the Proverbial Saddle

My little hiatus from structured training is coming to an end come next week. After a 2.5 week break, I had a good talk with my coach about the future and about what to expect for the rest of triathlon season and into my "A" race next year - Ironman Texas. Just talking about 2010-11 filled me with energy and once I had a grasp on what was to come, I was ready to get started again. I'll take the schedule seriously, but I'll also remain open to shifting for life opportunities.

So, here is the unveiling of my "big" race schedule.
  • October 17, 2010 - Longhorn Half-Ironman (said I wasn't going to do another long race this season, but got talked into it...this will be my "A" race for the Fall.)
  • November 14, 2010 - San Antonio Marathon
  • January 8-9, 2011 - Goofy Challenge (Half marathon on Saturday; Marathon on Sunday)
  • February 13, 2011 - Austin Half Marathon
  • late March - Tall Texan Half-Ironman
  • May 21, 2011 - Ironman Texas!!!!
Monday will mark the start of official training for Longhorn...but it won't really start until the next week since I'll be out of town for a wedding and otherwise occupied for the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment