Friday, March 18, 2011

Unplanned Rest Week

For once I did something smart in my training: listened to my body. After a lower mileage week last week, I had planned to bring the mileage back up this week. But after my long run last Saturday, I was spent. Literally exhausted. I skipped Sunday's trail run and rested completely. Monday and Tuesdays runs were okay, but my legs still felt kind of heavy and my energy level was very low. So, I rested again on Wednesday. I headed into Thursdays workout expecting to feel like a million bucks - that wasn't the case. I was still tired and struggling to maintain a pace that should have been easy.

So this morning's workout? Scrapped it. I'll be taking another complete rest day today. While this may seem like the logical and obvious choice to others, it was hard for me to do. I can't remember the last time I've taken this many rest days in a week. But, obviously I need them. So, I'll take them.

I'm still planning to run tomorrow's race in Waco. I'm just not sure how fast. We'll see how the legs/body feels tomorrow.

Maybe what I really need is a big, fat burrito smothered in queso and guac. I mean, is it a coincidence that I've started to feel like crap after giving up Mexican food? HMMMMMM.....

No comments:

Post a Comment