Mega Race Weekend Complete
| The "elite" bibs were black this year. I lined up at the back of the elite corral, and will do it anytime I have the opportunity. Worth it. |
| Finished about as expected. Had a blast. 9 am is a late start...wish they started earlier. |
**Despite all of the people (I say every year I won't run Cap 10k again), I really had a great time. I got to see so many friends, got to race and enjoy an awesome day in Austin. While I am not where I want to be as far as speed, I am so thankful for the opportunity to experience the joy of running: I appreciate it a lot more now than ever.
**I finished 8th in my age group/out of 871 (top 10 get awards!) and 23 woman overall/out of 4759! I'll take it.
**Louisville vs. Kentucky in the FINAL FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
![]() |
| GO CARDS! |


Ok, let me just say...where the help do you want to be for speed?! I think that looks pretty awesome to me.
ReplyDeleteGood choice in the lining up. I think it was the right thing to do.
Thanks! I guess I'll always want to be a little faster :) I'm glad I decided to line up in the elite corral - It was really nice not to have breathing room and not dodge a zillion people!
DeleteI get that...always want just a bit more. Very nice job.
DeleteGreat job Erin! I am so happy for you! Loved your lulu shorts today!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Rain! I am so glad I got to see you guys before the race. Calmed my nerves :)
DeleteGreat job on the race! What was your award?? I bet your award wall is pretty awesome :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kara! The awards are actually kind of dinky :( Just little medals. Oh well!
DeleteHi Erin! Nice weekend of racing for sure. Must feel good with Boston right around the corner. 2nd year in a row I skipped Cap10K and my bib for upfront went unused. 2011 - injury, 2012 - being smart :)
ReplyDeleteNext year though ... we race! See in you 3 weeks!
Thanks, Joe! We missed you this year, although it was one less person to beat me :) Can't believe Boston is in 3 weeks (inset panicky face here!)
DeleteSounds like it was a good decision to line up in the elite corral!
ReplyDelete