I'm more than ready for Friday after what's seemed to be a really long week. For some reason, I've been mad at everything and nothing this week and generally in a bad mood. Sorry, Dan, I know I've been a delight to be around.
I think part of it is that Spring Break is next week. This means nothing to me, but it seems like everyone and their mother is talking about Spring Break plans. And I'm jealous. To add salt to the wound, I had to go around to the elementary schools this morning to deliver our Easter Egg Hunt flyers and all the teachers were positively giddy as it's the Friday before Spring Break, talking about their plans for the week off, blah blah blah. I may have given them the stank eye when someone wished me a nice Spring Break. I will be working, but thank you anyway.
This weekend is also "Spring Forward" Daylight Savings Time. I hate, hate, hate Spring Forward with a passion deep and consuming. You know what I also hate? All the annoying people who go around on the Saturday before saying "Don't forget to spring forward!" I only need one person to tell me. Then I remember. After that, it's like you are rubbing the fact I'm being robbed of an hour's sleep in my face. I'm thinking about wearing a t-shirt that says "I already know about Spring Forward."
I know I'm one of the few people who complains about Spring Forward. Most people appreciate the extra daylight in the evenings, but not me. I like it to get dark earlier, and don’t appreciate it when it’s 7pm and still sunlight out there. I go to bed between 8:30 pm - 9 pm (yes, life in the fast lane) and feel like an even grandiose loser when I am going to sleep and the sun is still out. Not to mention that it makes it hard to fall asleep when the sun is shining through your bedroom window.
By the middle of my morning runs, the first hints of daylight have been peeking over the horizon. Now, with the time change all my runs will be in pitch darkness, so I have to be on guard more for safety reasons.
Can’t we just pick a time and stick with it? What’s up with Arizona and Hawaii? Why do they get to opt out?
Wow. How whiny am I? I've yet to talk about anything remotely running related this week so here goes. It's been another good week of training. I've been running pain free all week, still mixing in the cross training which seems to really help. It's supposed to pour rain all weekend, so it looks like my long run will be done in the rain. I'm sticking with 14 miles again this week and will knock that out tomorrow then hit the pool for a swim. While I was hoping to get outside on my bike this weekend, it's not going to be possible with the weather, so I'm planning to put in a couple of hours on the bike trainer on Sunday. So far I've maxed out at an hour, so more than that will require more mental fortitude than anything.
Happy Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wish I had a week off...geez that would be so nice!!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had a great training week with no pain, and be careful running tomorrow in the rain!
I like how it was 75 yesterday and within an hour it was 48....Gotta love TX!
This is the best link about friday
ReplyDeletehttp://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMS1hY2Y5MjU0NDUxNDRiMGIz
That is all kinds of awesome. And totally my attitude today.
Deleteamen about spring forward. it was awesome as it became light at the end of my run this morning. none of that next week until June or so. light at 8:30 pm trying to go to sleep when i have a 4 am wake up call to run 10 with some marathon pace effort in the middle is not something i'm looking forward to. end rant
ReplyDeleteI'm glad someone else is on the same page as me with Spring Forward. And, I'm glad someone else goes to bed at 8:30 :)
DeleteIf you want company in complaining about the time change, find some parents of small kids. There is nothing worse than trying to get them adjusted!
ReplyDelete