Bike - This weekend our town is hosting the Texas State Criterium Championship Festival, the Georgetown Grand. While I don't know a whole lot about pro cycling, I think it will be a really cool thing to watch (these guys get up to speeds of 35-45 mph. Insane). And, apparently it's a big deal as they are expecting something crazy like 10,000 people to invade town for this weekend's festivities. Anyway, there's a recreational ride with the event that kicks off tomorrow morning. Other than the convenience of starting just down the road from my house, it offers a 62 mile route which will give me some good miles in preparation for Buffalo Springs 70.3 at the end of next month. So, I'm in.
Run - Sunday morning I am signed up to run the Deutschen Pfest 5k in Pflugerville. Why I signed up, I can't remember. I haven't raced a 5k in forever, so I have no idea where my 5k speed is at right now. I'm hoping I can crack 20 minutes, but who knows. 5k's are my least favorite distance to race, but it's only 3 miles. Surely I can survive.
Celebrate! - Monday is my birthday! I am taking the day off of work - hooray for a 3 day weekend! While I probably should use this as an opportunity to get in some more long miles on my bike, I'm not. I probably won't do anything sweat related in fact and instead enjoy the day relaxing and enjoying birthday celebrations. I love birthday celebrations!! (unfortunately mine is on a Monday this year, but Dan's taking off work too). I'm planning to spend the day in Austin, first checking out a place called The Spider House. I used to park by this place every day when I worked at the University of Texas, and always wanted to check it out but never did. It's one of Austin's eclectic, funky cafe's and I've already stalked their menu which looks awesome. Afterwards, we'll hit up the Ginger Man, one of my favorite places in Austin. And from there, who knows. Maybe the pool, maybe the lake, maybe a big fat ice cream cake...
![]() |
| Celebrating my 30th Birthday on 6th St! This year's celebration will be a lot more tame. |
![]() |
| Surprise Birthday Party thrown by my parents! |
![]() |
| Last year's birthday celebration in Corpus Christi. |
![]() |
| Celebrating my sister in law's 30th birthday! |
Let the good times roll! Happy weekend, everyone.





Happy Birthday, Erin! Good luck in your race and have fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jessica! I hope you are doing well!
DeleteSounds like an awesome day! I didn't know your bday was coming up!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great time and if you make it up to Georgetown after I would join you ;)
Ice cream cake is my favorite!!!!
Thanks, Rain! We'll be back in Georgetown late afternoon/early evening. May go to Uptown or Dos Salsas? I'll let you know! Would love for you to join us!
DeleteHappy Birthday! Sounds like a quaility weekend and Monday. I wonder if watching a bike race gets you itching to ride like watching a marathon or running race gets you itching to go out and run (or at least for me that happens)
ReplyDeleteHi Steve! Thanks for the bday wishes. Should be a good mix of sweat and fun this weekend. I'm hoping watching the bike races motivates me to bike more (watching running races has that affect on me as well - not sure if it will translate to biking :)
DeleteHappy Birthday Erin! Like others have said, sounds like you have a great weekend planned - enjoy the cake!
ReplyDeleteMy Birthday is the following Saturday, and I'm planning to log some extra miles just to compensate for the bad, bad (yet oooh so good) food I'm going to eat.
Thank you, Dlae! I hear you - I did the same thing with workouts this week - tried to work hard to compensate for the bad (but like you said - OH SO GOOD) food :). Have a great weekend!
DeleteWell well, I know if I can break 20, so can you! Good luck and happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHa! Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am hoping I can pull it off!
DeleteHappy Birthday! Hope you have a great one !
ReplyDelete