Monday, December 20, 2010

Ready for the Holidays (or the paid time off of work anyways!)

I am so ready for the holidays to be here. Seriously.

It's the Monday before Christmas, which means that the only people in the office are people who were too irresponsible to save their vacation time till the end of the year. I.e. me.

I thought about borrowing half a vacation day from next year so that I may wander the mall aimlessly this afternoon instead of sitting in my quiet office surfing the internet. But then I remembered I need to save my vacation for either Ironman or a summer marathon, not to mention my brother's wedding in the Fall. Crap.

This weekend will be glorious. It's the first Christmas we haven't traveled (THANK GOD I will not be sitting in traffic on I-35) and I am planning on doing nothing...which hopefully includes renting Elf and eating mac and cheese. Yum. Then, hopefully, Dan will buy some Christmas presents for me...because right now, our tree has a lot of presents under it, not not a single one has my name on it besides the ones from my mom.

We'll be having my aunt and uncle and cousin over (down from Michigan visiting my other cousin who lives in Austin) for Christmas Eve dinner, followed by sleeping in in Christmas, a Christmas run, pancakes, presents, and going to see "Little Fockers" at the Drafthouse.

Holidays, please hurry. I need a break!

P.S. Still haven't decided about Ironman Texas, but I think I know what I am going to do. Waiting until the end of the year to make my final decision/announcement. I know you all (my 2 readers) are waiting on the edge of your seats... :)

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting to hear your decission.

    I am disappointed you won't be going anywhere because it means not here. Oh well. Enjoy the restful weekend though. We'll see you in FLORIDA!

    I need the weekend to come too! So ready for this break...I'm sure returning after being gone for FL will be awful.

    Only a few more days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Wish we could be there to see you guys, but we will be thinking of you! We're super excited about Florida...well I am anyways. Dan hasn't really been training for his marathon so he's a bit nervous...:) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete