Thursday, December 16, 2010

Undecided

*SIGH*. I'm still debating on whether or not to compete in Ironman Texas this year. I go back and forth, back and forth. I am giving myself until the end of the year to decide, and at that point I either need to get my butt in gear and train for triathlon, or switch gears and focus on running.

I really wish they would let you defer until 2012, but not the case. They will only give you a refund of $150 of the $630 registration fee....ouch.

I've been looking at summer marathon options, as I will need something to fill the void of Ironman Texas, something to focus on if I don't do Ironman. Right now it's between Rock and Roll San Diego marathon, or the historic Grandma's marathon in Duluth, Minnesota - both in June. Right now I am leaning towards Grandma's, simply because I've already run San Diego (horribly). If I forgo Ironman, I will also train for the JFK 50-miler in November, which doesn't start too far away from where I grew up.

Whatever I decide, I need to be confident in that decision and not look back...verdict to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment