Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Weekend

Another long weekend ahead! I have about 2 more hours of work before I head out to meet friends for a short bike ride, then go on a dinner date with my husband. No work tomorrow thanks to the New Year's holiday = a three day weekend!

This has been a good first week of training. I haven't skipped any workouts yet, and hopefully I can continue that trend throughout the weekend. I am going to try to avoid the temptation of sleeping in tomorrow and head out to Cedar Park for a 40ish mile bike ride, then hit the Rec Center for a swim. Even though tomorrow night is New Year's Eve, I doubt I will make it to midnight - haven't for the past few years, it's really not that important to me anymore. We're going to see the Fighter at a late matinee, then watch my Gamecocks kick some Florida State butt. I *may* get spontaneous and stay up past 10 pm, but I doubt it.

New Year's morning we are running in the Resolution Run 5k in Round Rock, as we've done the past several years. It's become a tradition that I've really come to enjoy, and this year I am out for revenge on that 10 year old who beat me last year and won the race (okay, just to clarify that this is not your normal 10 yr old. She's this super speedy phenom who already has sponsors. I guess she's 11 now). Saturday afternoon, we're heading over to our friends house for chili and football, then Sunday I'll wrap up my training week with a 13-14 mile run (also making Dan take me to see Black Swan).

Happy New Years!

3 comments:

  1. a) Beat the speedy girl's pants off!

    b) don't feel bad if you don't get to stay up tomorrow night. I'm not sure I will either (and I'm not training for an ironman).

    3) I want to know what you think of Black Swan. I want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and this year I will probably not make it until midnight knowing our plan is to leave Saturday morning around 6am for the drive to Florida.

    See you in about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you guys were driving to Florida - have a safe trip! Looking forward to seeing you. I will let you know how Black Swan is - I've heard it's good. Dan's not excited about seeing it, but I went to see True Grit with him so it's a tradeoff :)

    ReplyDelete