Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 2011 already? Crazy! This post will be short and sweet as I am backed up at work trying to get some big projects taken care of before we leave for Orlando on Thursday evening and I am out of the office for a few days.

In short, I had a great New Year's weekend. Saw some good movies, read some good books and had some good workouts.

No, I did not stay up until midnight, but I stayed up until 10 pm which is a whole hour later than usual so I consider that a victory.

And, no, I did not beat the darn 12 year old in the 5k on Saturday, but she didn't win either (although she did out me out of a RunTex gift card as I finished 3rd overall and the top 2 won gift cards...sigh).

I ran 19:47, which wasn't my best time, but a large improvement over last year, and I had a big week of training so I'll take it. The 12 year old ran like 35 seconds faster than me, so it wasn't even close. *Sigh*. However, I am convinced I could take her in a race longer than 10k. So there.

Time to get some work done. Super excited for our Orlando Trip, the Goofy Challenge and Dan's first marathon this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment