I'm about a month out from the San Diego Marathon, and my foot/plantar fasciitis has been acting up (again), my piriformis muscle is super tight (again) and all the foam rolling in the world doesn't seem to be loosening my legs.
Not cool legs. Not cool.
I have no idea what's going on with my foot. It started feeling really achy the Saturday before last after my long run. I've dealt with plantar fasciitis in that foot before, and it's come and gone through the years. But now I've got a plantar fibroma on that foot. I know because I web md'd that shit ASAP. So, last week I iced, stretched, massaged and babied that foot. By the end of the week it felt back to normal, only to bother me again after a long(ish) run on Sunday. After a crappy run this morning (due to just being tired in general), I'm hoping that with extra foam rolling, stretching and rest this week that I will feel back to normal next week.
Or maybe it's phantom pains I'm feeling. That would be ideal.
Anyway, I have company (brother, his fiance, cousins) coming into town for the weekend, so it will be easy to rest and not worry about running. I've decided I'm going to have to push my bedtime up to 7:30 pm the next two nights though, in hopes of getting enough rest to keep up with my (younger) company who likes to stay up late. I'm guessing we'll be eating dinner late and staying out late. So late in fact, I suspect it will actually be my bed time before we even ORDER dinner. And, by the way, I what I consider late is probably different than what most people consider late. MIDNIGHT is super late for me people. Especially since my internal alarm clock wakes me up by 5 am no matter what time I go to bed.
Wow, I sound like Debbie Downer in this post. Sorry about that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment