Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Oh the irony...

Today is National Running Day. It's all over Facebook, Twitter, blogs, running companies are doing promotions, blah blah blah.
Today's a day that even non-runners may lace up their shoes for a mile or two, just to say they've run on National Running Day. So, a crazy & obsessed runner like myself who rarely misses a day of running is surely logging some miles today? Right? Wrong. I'm not running today. Oh the irony.

It's not because I don't want to run. My mind is screaming YES to a run, but unfortunately my legs are screaming NOOOOO crazy lady. After a big week last week that rolled into a big weekend of training, a 10 miler on Monday and an intense 12x400 workout yesterday, my legs were screaming for a rare mid-week day off from running. Which of course falls on National Running Day. Go figure. So, I'll be swimming and probably am the only runner who is not celebrating this day with some miles. Woe is me.

In other news, I have no news. I'm about 2 weeks out from my half-ironman and seriously questioning my sanity of signing up for this race. A half-ironman in Texas in June? Brilliant. Needless to say I am a little worried as it's already pushing mid-90 degree temps most days, and the heat and I have not been getting along well in training. Pretty much every run off the bike has been a death march for me. Oh well. Too late the turn back now.

Run some miles for me today. Please and thank you.



8 comments:

  1. I'm like you - every day is running day.

    Due to limited time this morning, I wasn't able to log mega miles to show off to all the non-runners out there, so instead I busted out an insane tempo run just to show them who's boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Tempo runs are my favorite. Way to hammer it out!

      Delete
  2. I ran a mile, does that count?

    This humidity and heat lately has really been getting to me :(

    Hopefully they start your ironman even EARLY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally counts! I think my wave starts around 7 am...which should put me on the run around 11 am...ugh!

      Delete
  3. You can have one of my miles today, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it :). I am sure it was faster than one I would run on my own!

      Delete
  4. I think 10 on Monday and holy god 12! x 400 on Tuesday earns you a rest day, regardless of National Running Day or not. Great work. And you still have 2 weeks to acclimate to the Texas heat right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve! Yep, I am hoping two more weeks of heat training will help me become more acclimated to the evil heat before the race. The first few weeks of summer are always the hardest for me, but then my body adjusts.

      Delete