Thursday, June 21, 2012

Upping the Ante

Well, shit just got crazy around here. I ended up signing up for a Sprint Triathlon on Saturday, the day before my half ironman on Sunday. And you know what? I am stoked.

So here's what went down: I was at the pool for an easy afternoon swim. One of Dan's co-workers mentions she's also going to Lubbock this weekend to race, and she's doing the Red Raider Sprint Triathlon (500m swim, 18 mile bike, 3.1 mile run) on SATURDAY. HOLD UP. In the past, this tri has been the same day as the half-ironman on Sunday; this year they moved it up a day. It's Saturday. Half Ironman on Sunday.

CUE ME SIGNING UP. My logic: perfect tune up for Sunday. Not everyone shares my enthusiasm. 

I'm doing both races because I want to. Best decision? Maybe not. But epic challenge? Yes. Cheer for me or don't. I may do great, I may fall on my face. But, I'm ready to rock. Life is short. Do Epic Shit.

13 comments:

  1. Haha I love you nuts you are. Good luck this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nuts in a good way right? :) Thanks for the good luck wishes!

      Delete
  2. Hellz yeah! So stealing - DO EPIC SHIT! Good luck! I have a feeling you'll rock'em both! Even if not to your standards, remember you called this EPIC, not EASY.... :) Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! I'm sure you made a good decision and a tune up is probably the best thing after travel!! Good luck this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i saw you tweet that you registered yesterday my reaction was, "of course she did."

    it's like a pseudo-goofy challenge for triathletes. have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured it wouldn't surprise many :) Love the Goofy Challenge analogy!

      Delete
  5. Be careful and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Do epic shit" now that's what I'm talkin' about! I'm gonna steal that motto, if ya don't mind. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree! I wrote " Life is short. Do Epic Shit" on my facebook. Love it!!
    ( this is allison from dailymile by the way)

    ReplyDelete