My mom emailed me last week to let me know I needed a new blog post. So, here it is. Hello. I'm still alive and well. I'm not injured. I'm not sick. I'm not pregnant. None of these are reasons for my lack in posting. I've just been busy. Busy running. Busy swimming. Busy boot camping (my new love, by the way. Camp Gladiator - love.it.) . Busy working. Busy spending time with my family and enjoying the summer. And, well, in the free time I do have, I haven't felt compelled to sit in front of a computer and write about my training (it's really not that exciting anyway!).
I will say that I have been a lot more laid back with my training this time around, and maybe that's part of the reason I've felt it not to be document worthy. Maybe I'm tired of constantly chasing the clock or putting so much pressure on myself to attain an arbitrary number; maybe it's a little bit of the "been there, done that" feeling; maybe I've found joy in new challenges such as swimming and boot camp; or maybe I've just remembered how to run simply for the joy of running. Whatever it is, my attitude has been different with this training cycle, and I believe it's for the better. I'm still working out hard (and maybe harder than before if that makes sense?), but my focus hasn't been a narrow tunneled vision on running. I'm still training for Fall marathon(s), but right now, I have no plan of attack. No goal in mind. And that's alright by me.
So, here's what I've been up to, in pictures.
 |
| Went to Dallas for Dan's High School reunion. Proof that I do own non-workout attire! |
 |
| 4th of July Fun Run with friends. |
 |
| Showing my patriotism on the 4th |
 |
| Photo Booth fun at Dan's High School Reunion |
 |
| Won a 5k! |
 |
| Randomly got to meet the lovely & sweet blogger Lauren on a run Friday at Brushy Creek. She was in town from Dallas and I randomly decided to run the Brushy Creek trail after boot camp and there she was! So awesome! Small world :) |
 |
| Hanging with my buddy :) |
Until next time! :)
You are just the cutest and I would LOVE to run into you -- though I might be all flustered since you're kind of like a big deal -- Trophies, prize money, etc... -- I was like, "FINALLY AN UPDATE! IS SHE PREGNANT?" No, I really didn't think you were pregnant. I just figured you were busy training (swimming, running, biking) -- and so glad to hear (or read) how much you love boot camp. I'm still very intimidated by it. I think I'll just stick to my living room burpees and free weights -- I doubt after this baby I will have any time to go somewhere and work out (wow, I'm making excuses already!), unless it's a lunch run/spin.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates and PS, I love your arms!!! OH, and it's good to see you in non-workout clothes too. HA! (Seriously, I was more workout clothes than regular clothes... I can't imagine your loads of laundry between running/biking/swimming/boot camping).
1. You are the sweetest!
Delete2. Burpees are the DEVIL. The trainer for the boot camp comes up with all sort of variations of burpees - kangaroo burpees, super duper burpees, etc etc. I love to hate them :)
3. I'll trade you my arms for your cooking skills. Seriously, I drool over the photos you post of your meals. I'm always impressed/amazed how you do it all while pregnant and a toddler in tow. You put me to shame :)
4. I totally own more workout clothes than regular clothes!
Thanks for stopping by!
You are like a celebrity these days lady!
ReplyDeleteAnd glad you aren't pregnant...come talk to me before that happens k? You can borrow Phene for a week :)
And yes I said k? ok?
ReplyDeleteK :)
DeletePhene is the bomb - love her. No way I would have a child that awesome. No way! My child would sure to be a terror...will stick to my dogs for now :)
I LOVED running into you too! And I really like your approach to your training cycle this time around. Sometimes being relaxed helps us focus more (I get it, the whole I'm not focused but working harder than ever thing, it's real!) But true story - you are looking fabulous and I'm sure your marathons will show just how great of shape you are in!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Lauren! Let me know the next time you are in town - I would love to do lunch!
DeleteI love all your pictures Erin! Strong Athlete, Funny and Dog-Lover! I hope you are doing well and I think this is a good approach to marathon training for you! Glad to see you are enjoying Gladiator Camp!
ReplyDelete