Monday, October 26, 2009

Racing for Enjoyment = New PR

Longhorn Half-Ironman was yesterday, and I told myself it was just going to be a training day for me. I'd take it easy and go in without expectations - and just do how I do. Thinking about this race mentally this way allowed me to go into this race nice and relaxed. I even ran 11 miles the day before - no need to rest my legs because I'm not concerned with my time.

Apparently, this is the way I need to approach every race because I PR'd by several minutes at Longhorn!!

Here's the stats:
1.2 mi Swim: 45:05 (2:20/100 m pace)
56 mi Bike: 3:25:13 (16.4 mph)
13.1 mi Run: 1:39:04 (7:34 pace)
Total Time: 5:57:31

I'll save the race report for another post as this is another crazy busy week for me. Longhorn was my last triathlon of the season, and I am so ready for a break this week before the Distance Challenge picks up again. Racing three big races in three consecutive weekends has left me exhausted. I'm looking forward to eating a lot this week and working out only when I feel like it!

Last week's totals:
Swim: 9,411.77 yards
Bike: 56 miles
Run: 50.70 miles
WAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment