Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

I've been a poor blogger lately. Things have been hectic as I'm trying to get things done at work before I head to Baltimore on Thursday. Note to self: planning a vacation in October with 2 big special events to prepare is not the best idea.

Anyway, last week was a lighter workout week for me, not necessarily planned, but I just got so busy that I missed some workouts. I had two days of complete rest, which was probably good in preparation for the upcoming marathon.
Totals:
Run: 42 miles
Swim: 1750 yards (only got in one swim :( )
Bike: 0 (oh well)

The good news about last week is that Dan and I ran in a 5 mile race in Cedar Park on Sunday, and I won! I was the first female finisher in 33:09 (6:38 pace). This is one of our favorite races that we run every year, and I've never won it before....so it was a great surprise! Here's a picture of me with my hardware. :)
I've won a handful of races now over the past year- small ones, of course- but, still it seems unreal to me. I never ever thought I would be fast enough to win a race - it's been a testament to me that hard work pays off, and it keeps me getting out the door every morning.

BALTIMORE MARATHON IS SATURDAY!! I'm really excited about this race. I had a great time running the half last year, so I can't wait to see how the marathon course is. Plus, it will be awesome to have my family there. I did my last hard workout for the week this morning at Run Tex, and will just got out for easy jogs the next two days.

I'll update after the marathon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment