Sunday, December 9, 2012

Marathon #21

And that's a wrap, folks. I survived another Texas marathon, and I'd be lying if I said it was easy and effortless to knock out the 3:19:29 (official results) race that I ran today. It was fucking hard! I awoke at 4:45 AM to already 71 degree temps with 100% humidity in College Station, and I knew I'd be in for a long day. I'd also be lying if I said I had a ton of fun out there, but daggumit I got it done.

On a positive note, I was third women overall and won $200 cash! That was a nice surprise. I ran my way from 5th to 3rd around Mile 15, so somewhat of deja vu from last month in San Antonio (though sadly no bike escort this time).

Now if you excuse me, my entire body hurts - not helped by a 1 hr 45 min drive home - so it's time for me to lay in the couch in comatose position with my basset hounds and bon bons :)
Full race report to follow...
Obligatory pre race self portrait (fail). You're welcome.

Winnings!

Obviously I ran the tangents TERRIBLY. Also I missed a turn at one point. Would have been pissed had it cost me third.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and those who raced, ran well!




8 comments:

  1. Way to go, Erin!!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith! Missed you out there! I will say the race was highly organized, and we got really nice swag - long sleeve shirt and dri-fit finishers shirt. I wasn't a fan of the course however. Most of it was on slanted road which my left leg did not appreciate. Also it was very lonely. Not much crowd support :( Hope you had a good weekend!

      Delete
  2. My God, woman!! You are AMAZING! Also, with the winnings from last marathon and this marathon -- girrrrrrl, your Christmas shopping is paid for! Maybe you should quit your day-job and just race for money. What? Too much pressure? Eh, no way. I see 1st place in your near future. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Man, I wish. Can't quite convince the husband I should quit my job and just run - haha! He claims I'm still in the hole - my winnings don't quite match up to all the money I've already spent on the sport. Hmmphh! Men! Why must they be so practical? :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I was chasing some folks at the Dallas Marathon and it was pretty miserable; it had to have been worse for you. All the Garmin distances I've seen were 26.6 to 26.7 so it wasn't just you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good - I usually measure around 26.4 for a marathon so I thought I totally sucked on the tangents with 26.6. Thanks for the congratulatory wishes!

      Delete
  4. You finished in the money again?? Dang! Just think how fast you'll be when you run those tangents a little better :)

    ReplyDelete