Monday, December 3, 2012

It's Race Week (Again) & Pictures with Santa

First things first: Family Photos with Santa at Petsmart! Let me just say that I was very disappointed with Santa this year. He certainly wasn't very jolly (as you can see from his facial expressions he looks thrilled). I thought maybe it was because I freaking brought my entire extended family to get our picture taken (my parents were still in town from VA so they came along) as well as two hyper basset hounds...but he was really sullen with everyone. Didn't say a word or move an inch. I wanted to tug at his beard to see if he was even alive.

Anyhow, after about 100 attempts, we managed a few decent photos, though still dysfunctional looking. ;) They are scanned, so excuse the poor quality.

[I realize I probably lose major street cred by taking my dogs to have their photo taken with Santa and then posting them on the internet, but whatever, I am a 100% dog lover & enthusiast through and through]
The entire family. As you can see, both Santa and Dan are thrilled to be there.

The four of us with bad Santa
It's also race week! On Sunday, I will be running Marathon #21 in College Station, Texas. This is actually a race I have not run before, so I am excited. I love touring places I've never been on foot!

I really struggled with some runs last week (both with motivation to do them and the actual runs themselves being crappy), and I also had some good ones. At this point in the year, I've logged countless miles and raced more times than I can count, fell short on some goals and accomplished others, ran 4 marathons, did a half ironman and off season is just around the corner so I think it's normal to feel my flame burning low.

As is typical in December in Texas, you never know what you're going to get as far as weather. Sunday looks to be on the warm side and humid. Slightly better than what I ran in last month in San Antonio though (not as windy and maybe a degree or two cooler).
The weather doesn't concern me; I know I can take what the days gives me. I know I'm tough under less than ideal circumstances. And, I really don't have anything to lose on Sunday. There's not a number on the clock I am trying to hit. I simply want to finish the year strong and run a race that I am proud of. And that's what I'll set out to do.

I hope everyone has a good week! If you're running College Station this weekend and see me, say hello!

18 comments:

  1. Wow, that's the most miserable looking Santa either. I love how your one dog is looking at him in the first one too. Hope you have a great final marathon of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good luck wishes!
      Yes, Santa was a grump. I hope he wasn't getting paid very much :)

      Delete
  2. Geez Santa, get with the program!

    I love the hound stink eye in the first picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics of you guys, you look really happy but man, that Santa!!! Sheesh!!
    I'm looking forward to reading your race recap of the marathon this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I miss seeing you. I need to quit sleeping in snf get back to run group!

      Delete
  4. Those are fun santa pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Such cuties! I enjoyed your holiday posts so much last year...your husband really has a lot to live up to this year after the duct tape Christmas lights and reused gifts bags. Those made me laugh so hard. They are worth reposting. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me laugh! Don't worry, Dan continues to impress with the holiday lights this year... a step up from duct tape but not much. Pics coming soon :)

      Delete
  6. Good luck this weekend Erin!! Will be thinking of you and hoping for decent weather for you. Hopefully see you at a Jan/Feb race. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT!? You're not going to be there?? :( I'm emailing you. :( Hope you are ok!

      Delete
  7. good luck racing this weekend. should be a fun race to finish off the year strong. also, no loss of streed cred with taking the dogs to santa or posting them on the internet. i think it's awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve! I am actually going to email you re: some coaching. I think you work with Caleb...I am on the hunt for a coach!

      Delete
  8. Wow, that is a horrendous Santa. Good luck Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only who thought he sucks. Thanks for the good luck wishes!

      Delete
  9. You guys are too cute. Even though Santa had a "Bah Humbug" attitude, you guys made the picture perfect.

    And HAPPY MARATHON WEEK!!! You must feel like every week has been a marathon. LOL I can't believe how warm it'll be -- I'm not sure how I'd run in that weather. Well, the VT marathon was around 80s but not till later on in the marathon. I am sure you will do wonderful! So excited to read all about it.

    Lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had fun taking the pictures (or I did at least - not sure about my husband ;) I appreciate the good luck wishes!!

      Delete