Thursday, November 29, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. I think I'm officially in holiday mode. Happens to me same time, every year. I go from being super motivated with my training to having no motivation to do anything except eat, drink and be merry. I was hoping it would hold off another week so I could get through next weekend's marathon fully focused, but so such luck. I've had little motivation to train this week, so I'll just pretend it's a taper for next weekend's race. Though holiday mode always brings me into the New Year a few pounds heavier, I'm okay with it. After training hard all year without ever really taking a break, the holidays are my perfect excuse to chill out for awhile before jumping back into training for my next big thing. Bring on the holiday cheer!

2. Next weekend I am in charge of a Fishing Derby for work. I work in Parks & Recreation, and it's one of our annual events that I am in charge of. It's also my least favorite event. One, because it requires me to be at work at 5:30 AM on a Saturday. And, two, because I know nothing about fishing and have minimal desire to manhandle fish, particularly at 5:30 in the morning. Anyway, this week I went to Cabela's to buy items for the event. I had never been to Cabela's and holy cow that place is insane. It's the size of a freaking shopping mall and was packed with people on a Monday afternoon. Sending someone who knows nothing about fishing (me) to buy fishing gear may not have been the best idea but hey...

3. I am (slightly) embarrassed to admit that I am super excited about this weekend for one reason: it's time for our Annual Family Photo with Santa. And, by photos with Santa, I mean photos with us and the dogs and Santa "Paws" at the local Petsmart. We've done this for several years, and every year I get really excited while Dan is hanging his head in embarrassment as we load up the hounds and head off to get our photo taken. I never thought I would be "one of those people" but by God, I wouldn't miss this for anything. This is what happens when you don't have kids people.
Last year's photo with Santa :)


8 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR #3. You guys are too cute. Last year, I took Lili to the mall and we decided last minute (with my sister and her daughter) to have their pictures taken with Santa since there wasn't a long run. Unfortunately, since it was "unplanned" they didn't have cute Christmas clothes on. We blew up a pic to give it to my mom and she said, "Uh, they look like orphans. You didn't have better clothes to put on them?!?" Oye. I guess it goes same for babies -- Always make sure they look cute when they go out because you never know when you'll run into Santa.

    As for holiday weight gain -- Oh, i am the Master in that field. But yes, you train your butt off so you deserve it (and you probably lose it pretty fast too).

    Can't wait for your marathon. I think I'm more excited than you are... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! I bet they looked cute though. And, hey, you definitely have to take advantage of not having a long wait for Santa...seriously I've seen lines hours long (Santa sure is a popular man ;)

      For some reason I can have good self control all year long unless the holidays hit -then BAM! It's gone :)

      Delete
  2. Ya bring on the holiday pounds and spandex and elastic waist pants...no jeans til end of jan!!!

    Can't wait to see the pics of them this year!

    Hey some people two week taper, so you are good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my spandex and pajama pants ready. Confession: I even have some bigger jeans that I have specifically reserve for this time of year!

      Delete
  3. 'Tis the season, I understand on eat, drink and be merry. Wow, I can't stop. Love the photos! I've never done that but am helping at one in a couple of weeks. I think I'm actually helping to take the pictures, this could be a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be fun! I can imagine it's fun to see all of the different types of digs people bring in to have their pictures taken :)

      Delete
  4. I love that you take pictures with your dogs! If mine would even remotely look at a camera I'm sure I would take them with me too, haha!
    And Cabela's is a scary place to me...we have one that just opened not far from us, oh wow talk about hunting and fishing gear heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in all honesty it takes several shots before we're actually able to get a good one of the dogs actually looking at the camera :)

      YES, Cabela's was super scary for me as well. I felt surrounded by camo ;)

      Delete