Monday, May 3, 2010

Tick Tock...

Less than two months from today.

Ironman.

2.4 mile swim. 112 mile bike. 26.2 mile run.

140.6 miles.

Some days: I am wholly confident in my ability to do this, 140.6. I am capable. I can break it down, I can do each piece, I can take it apart, I can put it together. I’ve got this.

Some days: I am convinced I will be an utter failure. I don’t know why I registered. I don’t know what I’m thinking. My workouts are pathetic and feel so much harder than they should. I can’t do this, I can’t put it together.

I vascillate. It’s a trend, it’s seeping into my day. I am completely certain and even empowered… I am utterly unsure and questioning my capabilities.

This is my Ironman; more mental than physical. I’m not out there to qualify for kona; I’m not out there to put a mark of dominance on this race. I’m out there to finish. Without requiring medical assistance.

Today: 13.5 mile run; 2000 yds in the pool. baby steps.

**Mission getting-up-at-the-crack-of-dark-thirty on Saturday to run was a success. Woke up at 3:00 am, knocked out 14.5 miles, at work by 6 am. Am I glad I got it done before work? Yes. Was it fun? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment