Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts

I'm lazy tired today, so I am going to go with the bullets...
  • I was supposed to have to attend a work meeting last night that would take up my evening, but yesterday afternoon my boss said that I didn't have to go unless I wanted too (I didn't). Upon finding myself with a free evening, I decided to hop on my bike and ride for 20 miles. Not much, but an unplanned bike workout pretty much never happens with me, so I was excited!

  • Speaking of my bike, me and it are going to be BFF's by the end of the month. Coach Shawn has me on my bike a lot a lot a lot this month so that we can focus on my limiter. Which is good. I was reading some C'ouer D'Alene race reports on-line yesterday, and the bike course sounds like a cruel bitch. Hills and hills and hills. Oh my. Today, I am leaving work an hour early and heading out to Cedar Park for a 40 mile ride. Then tomorrow night is my usual Wednesday evening ride with friends. Saturday I have a 105 mile ride, and then Sunday is another 30-40 miler. Sounds like fun, no?

  • My mom is the greatest. Seriously. Every week she sends me via snail mail a "weekly training card." It always has an inspirational message with words of encouragement. It totally pumps me up. I have them all affixed to my refrigerator, and look at them on a daily basis for inspiration.
  • I really hope that it warms up some in C'ouer D'Alene before the race. I am seriously freaking out about how cold the water is going to be. I heard something about white caps??? This week I need to drag my buns out to Lake Pflugerville and swim. That's pretty cold but I am doubting it's as cold as C'ouer D'Alene.

  • How is it already May????!!!!
That's all I've got.
Today's workouts: (AM) 8 mi run with speed work (run group); (Lunch) 1700 yds easy recovery swim; (PM) 40ish mi ride @ steady pace

No comments:

Post a Comment