I'm a little behind in my blogging. So, first, here are last week's totals:
Swim - 11,490.42 yards
Bike - 138 miles
Run - 54.13 miles
This week has taken some very creative planning to get workouts done, but barring my open water swim getting rained out tomorrow evening, I should be able to get everything on my schedule done. It's late nights + early mornings, but I'll be tired anyways, so I might as well just suck it up and get it done.
Today I am 46 days out from race day. At this point I'm just ready to GO! I'm tired of waiting, tired of stressing over training, tired of planning. I'm tired of worrying about things out of my control, and the fear of the unknown.
I just want to get on the plane and get down to C'ouer D'Alene, Idaho. And become an Ironman.
I’m trying to remember life before Ironman. For over a year it was out there. It loomed even in the winter, before Ironman training began in earnest.
It was always in the room. Palpable. Breathing over there in the corner. Staring at me. Taunting me.
It needs a name, so let’s call it Travis. Travis the (sometimes terrible) Ironman training taskmaster.
We have had a love-hate relationship, Travis and I. Travis has stole my time and made me hurt. Travis made me cry and scream. But Travis made me strong. Travis has given me endurance. Travis taught me some stuff about myself. And, Travis will help turn me into an Ironman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment