Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back in the Saddle...for real this time (?)

I don't know if people read my blog for humor, inspiration or voyeurism; hopefully not training advice, but here's some advice - suck it up Buttercup!

It's what I've told myself this week in order to kick my own ass back into triathlon training. I'm making myself get on the bike 3 times this week - shorter rides on Tues/Thurs evenings, and then a longish (max of 60 miles) ride on Saturday. After my 50 mile ride last Saturday, I realized that the next time I get on my bike need not be on race day! The 50 miles I rode on Saturday went fine...however, 50 miles seemed LONG to me...it used to be nothing, and left me wondering how in the hell I ever did 112 miles (and how I will do it again next May)...ouch. So, I will try to cram in some bike workouts in the short time I have before the race.

And, I remind myself:
Discipline is remembering what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment