Good news: This was the fourth year I have run this race, and I ran my best time on this course.
Even better news: I scored a trophy, and a gift basket filled with goodies including a bottle of wine and two wine glasses.
I finished the race in 41:43, which is a good time for me, so I was pleased. And, it was a hilly course but I felt strong on the hills so the training I have been doing is paying off.
I missed first place overall female by like 3 seconds. But, I was a good 15-20 seconds back at mile 4, so I made some ground the last two miles...think if the race had been a tad bit longer, I could have caught her. Oh well.
I was actually pretty nervous when the race started. Several of the women took off like bats out of hell (I was six women back after Mile 1, which I ran in 6:30). I thought I was either going to get my butt kicked, or they started out too fast. Luckily it was the latter, and I starting picking them off between miles 2-3.
Overall, it was a great race and worth my trip to San Marcos. Looking forward to racing the Marathon Relay on Sunday!
my winnings!

No comments:
Post a Comment