Well friends, this may have been the longest hiatus I've taken from posting, even longer than the time I deliberately took a hiatus. I've had three of the busiest weeks imaginable, both on the work and personal fronts, so sharing updates took a backseat.
Here's what I've been up too: Work, work and more work. Last week turned into a not-so-magical week. I had a huge event Thursday that required a huge preparation and resulted in little sleep. I fought back by squeezing in as many workouts as possible, making me feel like I retained some level of control.
I've also been racing a lot, which has been a Catch 22 of sorts - I love it and it keeps me motivated, but it takes away on any sleeping in/catching up on sleep on the weekends.
I'm also in catch-up mode reporting on my races, post Longhorn 70.3. Here's the quick and dirty - the week after Longhorn, I ran the Doggy Dash 5k and finished in 19:51 (4th woman overall; top 3 women won money...go figure). Yesterday, I ran the Run for the Water 10 miler in 1:09:18, slightly bettering my time from last year (1:09:49). I was the 12th overall woman out of
569 women, and 4th in my age group.
This weekend - you guessed it - is more races! Just short ones. Both Dan and I are racing a 5k in Georgetown on Saturday, and a 4-miler on Sunday in Sugar Land (we'll be there for a wedding so figured why not...). The weekend after that is the San Antonio marathon.
Let the good times roll!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment