Friday, September 30, 2011

Getting my Head in the Game

Time has seemed to be slipping away from me this week. I have been so busy with life and work that I feel like I haven't had a lot of time to really absorb the fact that I have a half-ironman in 2 days.....yikes! My bike? Still needs to be cleaned and actually ridden before Sunday. My triathlon gear is thrown all over the garage, and I need to locate my wet suit. Do I know how to get to Kerrville? No. Do I know when check in is? When and where  I need to rack my bike tomorrow? No and no. When my wave starts Sunday? Nope. Thankfully, Dan, my race sherpa extraordinaire, will be traveling with me, which will be calming.

I had good intentions of taking care of all these things earlier in the week instead of LAST MINUTE. It didn't happen. I spent the earlier part of the week trying to get caught up from being out of the office some last week; yesterday, we took Flash to College Station to see a specialist and in turn I spent the rest of the evening worrying about him and debating on canceling the trip altogether because I did not want to board him (which in the end we decided to go ahead with it. He gets to go to Zoot Pet Resort and actually loves it because he gets incredibly spoiled by the vet techs).

Could I be better prepared for this weekend? Yes. But I am as prepared as I am going to get I guess now. I just sort of feel sad instead of excited and somehow I need to get my head in the game!

I have a really hard time getting my heart to match up with my mind. Do you ever have that trouble? You know what makes sense in your head and how you SHOULD feel, but you just don't.

I need to get my head in the game. Competition is my favorite part of the sport. That's what I do best.

3 comments:

  1. This will get you going :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna do great Erin! You are a racer and you will get it done when it matters. can't wait to hear how well it went! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete