Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday's Bang Bang Bullet List

  • I'm racing a 5k this Saturday. It will be weird not to run 20+ miles on Saturday morning... though, I think I may actually prefer to run 20+ miles. 5k's are hard for me. You have to go balls to the wall from the get-go and don't really have time to get settled in and find your groove. I don't really have a time goal. I should be able to run under 20 min, just not sure how far under. I haven't been focusing on 5k fast twitch type speed so I don't know how quickly I am going to be able to get these legs to go. To be honest, the only reason I signed up for this race was to try to win some money. They are offering money if you break the course record...I know I can break the course record (it's like 24-something). Of course, in order to win the money I need not only to break the course record, but be the fastest person (woman) to break the course record. So, we'll see. Usually when money is offered all of the super fast people show up.

  • In case you were wondering, I did not receive resolutions from either of my customer service issues I mentioned in my last post. To say I am angry is an understatement. I have come a a conclusion that the swimsuit place has gone out of business (why they are still accepting on-line orders is beyond me). They are not answering the phone at all or answering emails. So, now I guess I'll dispute the charge with my bank. Pain in my butt. As far as the refund from the cancelled event, I did not receive an email reply to the message I sent on Tuesday or the one I sent again this morning. What really pisses me off is that the company blasts their crap messages on Facebook all day long but cannot take time to respond to my email. My next step is a trip in person to their headquarters in Austin. My husband says he's coming along for entertainment purposes.

  • My poor basset hound Flash is still having issues. He's been on phenobarbitral for 3 weeks to cease what they thought were epileptic seizures. Unfortunately, it has not ceased anything. He's had a particularly rough few days. Back to the vet tomorrow so they can check his phenobarb levels and if those are normal, then we will have to take him to a specialist at Texas A&M. the vet said it could be a nerve tumor or a few other things. Poor guy. It just breaks my heart, and I won't feel better until we get to the bottom of it.

  • I am literally eating us out of house and home. I am baffled at how many trips I am making to the grocery store and the cost of these trips. The sad thing is that is pretty much just me eating all of this food. Dan eats out a lot and mostly grabs something on the way home from practice.

  • I did get a good deal on some Lululemon shorts that were on sale on-line. That's been the highlight of my week. Is that sad?

  • I realized this week how much running keeps me sane and helps my stress levels. I'm so thankful for that.

2 comments:

  1. Lululemon! I got a pair of their shorts for VA Beach. They are so nice!

    We took my Baron to a neurologist several years ago. I understand. Hope something turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Lululemon shorts would make my week too! :) Let me know how the appointment goes today with Flash. And good luck in your race tomorrow. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete