Monday, May 6, 2013

Non-Running Weekend

This weekend was a rare one for me: it contained very little running. Or doing much of anything productive, actually. Side note: it's amazing how much more free time I have when I'm not running, swimming or biking long or prepping to do so. I ran a total of 8 miles this weekend. 5 on Saturday and 3 yesterday with my husband.

With races the past several weekends and for the next 6 weekends, including back-to-back races next weekend, I needed a weekend to just relax. As much as I love training and racing, sometimes I enjoy not doing so even more. I didn't make any workout plans and made social plans instead.

On Friday night we enjoyed a nice healthy meal ;)
(The BBQ Chicken Pizza was weird, BTW. Next time I'll go with my standby extra cheese, mushrooms, jalapenos and olives)

For lunch on Saturday we decided to go out for another healthy meal at Pluckers (the celery makes it healthy, duh ;)

Saturday afternoon I busted out my best hat for a Kentucky Derby Party. :)

Yesterday, we celebrated Cinco De Mayo with friends

Just the girls
Needless to say it was a fun weekend, and now I am refreshed, relaxed and ready to get back to work!

3 comments:

  1. I had a great time yesterday! Back to work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!

    Here is my homepage :: demo.sedeveloper.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute. I love your "very little" running. Sheesh. I think all I got this past weekend was a 5-miler.

    LOVE the "healthy" choices you made. We'd be a great team. HAHAHAH

    PS - even when I'm relaxed and refreshed, I am NEVER ready to go back to work.

    ReplyDelete