Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Vacation: Babies, Family & Running

Unfortunately, I am back from what was a much needed vacation. Coming back to work after several days off sucks big time. But I probably don't have to tell you that.

Anyway, we headed North to split time between Northern Virginia and Maryland to visit family and meet my 2 month year old nephew, Wesley. And, even ran a 10k when we were up there!

Last week was intended to be a recovery week post-marathon, but I ended up running more than planned. I couldn't help it. I LOVE running on vacation. Less urgency, new scenery, and a feeling of renewal. I also averaged 9+ hours of sleep every night, and I noticed a big difference in my runs. I proposed the idea of quitting my job to my husband so I could sleep in every day and just run but someone wasn't thrilled with that idea...

A few pictures from our trip...
It started out on Thursday with meeting my nephew!
I promise this is not a "baby in a bar" situation here. It's a restaurant - pinky swear.
On Saturday, Dan and I ran a 10k in Leesburg, VA.
Reppin' TX!
My #1 Cheerleader got to come to the race. She was our good luck charm!
We both surprised ourselves - I was first female and Dan PR'd! I won a $100 gift card to Potomac River Running and used it to buy Dan and new pair of shoes. Score for both of us!
Dan broke out his Texas shorts and socks for the race :)
The rest of our time was spent hanging out with our family and enjoying time with our nephew!

Wesley looks thrilled to be hanging with us :)

Dan, myself, Wesley and my sister-in-law!

WHAT UP
I'm feeling back to normal post-marathon and am just running what I feel like these days. I'm doing a handful of shorter races this month and next and will start Fall Marathon Training (Baltimore again!) in late July.

Happy Running Everyone!


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on great races for both of you!!!

    And your nephew is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your race!! I love how you recover from your marathon, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, my (lack) of recovery is quite ridiculous. You would think I would learn :)

      Delete
  3. You look good holding a baby :) Love the name Wesley too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I just love how you randomly run a 10k and win 1st place and some cash. Girl, quit your day-job and just race for a living; would ya?

    2. You look like a natural holding a baby --

    3. Congratulations to Dan on his PR!!!

    What a great vacation -- but I agree -- I always need a vacation from a vacation...

    ReplyDelete