I DID IT! I finally beat Dan in a swim (sorry Dan if you're reading this, but this may be a once in a lifetime feat for me).
Those of you who know me, know how ridiculously competitive I am. I hate losing, and am sometimes [okay, maybe often] a sore loser. While I love my husband, it drives me absolutely crazy that he is a faster swimmer than I. And, he doesn't even swim that often. Even after I took swim lessons last summer, and have been swimming at least 3x per week, I've never beaten Dan in the swim portion of any race.
Rewind to Tuesday evening of this week. Dan and I went to Austin for Jack & Adam's Splash & Dash, which is 750 m open water swim, followed by a 2 mile run. The Splash & Dash races are held once a month, and at the last few, I've been getting showing improvement and getting closer to his swim times. This Tuesday a miracle happened and I BEAT HIM. By like 25 seconds.
I'm hanging onto this dear sweet victory with my life because who knows if it will happen again.
By the way, by no means does this swim victory mean I am now a fast swimmer. I looked over the other day while swimming at lunch and noticed an old lady was breast-stroking at the same speed I was swimming freestyle. If that won't put your ego in check, I don't know what will...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment