Monday, August 17, 2009

Training for the Week Ending Aug. 16

Well hello friends.

I'm happy to report that training last week went MUCH better than the week before. Here are the stats for the week, Monday-Sunday.

Swimming total= 7,300 yards
Biking total= 91.90 miles
Running total= 51.90 miles

Saturday I got up an drove an hour north to Copperas Cove for an organized bike ride. I did the longest option, which was a 63-mile loop. There weren't very many people who did the 63-mile loop, so I ended up riding most of it alone, which was a good mental test for me. I averaged a little over 16 mph for the 63 miles, and I was pleased. It was a hilly course with some challenging headwind at times. Plus, it got just plain hot! Slowly but surely, I'm getting stronger on the bike. I was really enjoying the ride until around mile 50, where I started to feel a little dehydrated and just wanted to get the hell off of my bike.

So, Saturday's ride was just a little over half of the distance of the Ironman bike, and by the end I was so ready to be done. I can't imagine 112 miles. I've got some work to do on the bike to be comfortable riding that distance....

Great week running for me. I've started doing some longer runs during the week, trying to hit 12 miles in the morning on Monday & Friday, with a 10-miler on Wednesday and shorter (5-7 miles) on Tues/Thurs. The Baltimore marathon is in less than 2 months, and I feel good about where I am in preparation for that race right now.

This is a busy week since we're moving this weekend. Trying to pack in a lot of training during the week since I'm not sure how much I'll be able to work out this weekend or next with the [pain in the butt] move.

Dragged my caboose out of bed at 4:45 am this morning and knocked out a 13 mile run. Extended my lunch hour just a tad to get in 2,150 yds in the pool. Good way to start the week! :)

Happy monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment