last week was one of those weeks for me, and not the good ones...
The weeks where you struggle to get out the door for every workout, where you question your goals and why you are training, where you consider just quitting.
The numbers don't look so bad when you put them on paper, but if you were in my head last week, you would have seen a big mess. I didn't want to run, I actually skipped a run for no reason except that I just didn't want to go (I think that's a first ever for me), and I just really was struggling mentally.
I was about 15 miles short of my planned long run on Saturday and didn't swim. Instead, I went for an easy 3.6 miler with Dan and called it a day. Sunday, I opted to sleep in, go to brunch and shop for furniture, taking a big fat zero for all workouts that day. I stayed inside the air conditioning all weekend instead of training and didn't feel guilty at all about it.
On a positive note, I got to spend some good, quality time with my husband, which will be few and far between over the next few months as both of our work schedules get crazy busy. We got a lot of packing accomplished in preparation of the move, and I got lots of sleep both nights, which usually doesn't happen.
I started to feel twinges of guilt last night when I thought about the workouts I missed, but decided to put it past me and start fresh this week. I set my alarm for 5 am this morning, resisted hitting snooze and knocked out a hard 12 hard mile run. It felt great! So during those bad days, weeks, runs... just remember, the only place you are going to find your spirit and heart is out on a run, bike or swim. You just gotta keep getting out there to find it and it will come back to you, even if it takes a little time. It came back to me today.
Stats for the week:
Run - 40 miles
Swim - 5,300 yds
Bike -0 miles (oops)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment