Monday, November 16, 2009

Casual Racing? No such thing.

I lied or was self-delusional when I stated in my previous post that I wasn't going to "race" San Antonio, but was going to just "run for fun." I'm just too freaking competitive for that. I get in the race environment and just want to go go go! There is no holding back.

I finished yesterday's marathon in 3:20:19, which was my 2nd best marathon time so far, and 12 minutes better (!) than last year. It wasn't pretty though. It was hot. And humid. I was actually feeling good until mile 20. I started to get light headed from the humidity at that time. The last six miles were painful, but I was able to pretty much maintain a consistent pace and just told myself to keep moving forward. I was hoping to break 3:20, but close enough. I feel blessed to have had such a good race when many others struggled. I'm gunning for a 3:15 at Houston in January.

Hubbs (Dan) had a great race as well. I'm so proud of him! 13.1 miles on little training, done and done. Way to go Dan the Man!

Last week's total:
Run: 61 miles
Swam: 5200 yds
Let's not talk about the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment