Friday, November 13, 2009

TGIF!

It's been one helluva a week, and I am so glad that Friday has finally arrived!

My crappy week was sparked by my car getting broken into in broad day light at the Rec Center Tuesday while I was swimming during lunch. Yes, someone smashed the glass in on the passenger seat of my car and helped themselves to my purse, wallet, Iphone and wedding rings (I put them inside my purse when I work out b/c I didn't want to leave them in the lockr room). Apparently, it was my bad to think my belongings would be safe in a locked car in broad daylight. I spent the rest of Tuesday talking to the police, insurance and trying to remember all of the credit/debit cards and other information in my wallet that I needed to cancel or could lead to identity theft. Pain.in.the.butt.

I've also been behind the ball at work getting things ready for the Cupid's Chase 5K that we put on in February...mostly because the City rejects every.single.race.course. we propose. So annoying.

So enough for being Debbie Downer here, but that's been the cause of my stress and lack of sleep this week...so not great conditions when preparing for Sunday's marathon. But, I know I can easily complete the distance, it is really doesn't matter what my time is...I'll just go have fun with it, and if I have a good race then great. If not, there's always others!

I'm looking forward to getting out of town this week, especially heading to run Rock and Roll San Antonio, which is always such a fun & positive environment. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment