Today was our office Thanksgiving lunch. After seeing some of the things people were bringing (frito pie, fried turkey, pie galore) I secretly considered packing my own lunch and scarfing it down before our office lunch and then claim sickness at the office lunch. I try to be a healthy eater (although for the past month I've not been doing good and my pants are fitting a little tighter. Me no likey, and so I have vowed to return to healthier eating). Anyway, my eating habits are always strange to my office mates which make these luncheons a bit uncomfortable for me. I get the odd looks and comments regarding my plate - "What you don't want any fried bologna." Hell to the no. I run, people. And, fried bologna will do nothing but make me want to crap my pants on a run. Sorry, but that is the truth.
So, back to the luncheon. Before the luncheon I scarf down a banana and a Clif bar. I arrive and quickly scan the table for something I can eat. I thank sweet baby jebus when I see that someone has brought salad and fruit. I fill my plate with copious amounts of salad, fruit and a handful of wheat thins. I avoid the fried turkey, frito pie, fatty fat casseroles, donuts, pies, cookies (and more) like the plague.
That's when the comments begin. There is one girl in particular who my eating habits really seem to bother, because she must always comment on my plate. "Oh my god" she says, "You are not even eating any turkey." Sorry sweetheart, I want to say, but I do see that you have 2 pieces of pie in front of you so please just proceed with your meal.
I come back to my office, eat some granola and pray that we do not have a Christmas Office lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment