I decided this November was the year and have been stalking the JFK 50-mile web site on a daily basis, waiting for them to post the 2011 qualifying standards. And, today when I went to the web site, they were posted! Oh the excitement!!
It appears qualifying standards this year are being set-up similar to the new Boston Marathon Qualifying standards - in a tiered system. Much to my excitement, my marathon times qualify me to register under the "A Standard" meaning I'll get first crack at registration when it opens on July 1. I was worried about whether or not I would get in the race, but this should ensure me a spot.
I can't wait. November 19, 2011.
(and, yes, I know I am weird for being so excited to pay money to run a 50 mile foot race. i've lost my mind somewhere along the way :)

Hope you get in!
ReplyDelete