OMG, I've become my father. Not that it's a bad thing - it just means that I can no longer make fun of him for doing the things that I now do.
A little bit of background: Growing up we often spent the evenings watching television as a family. Systematically my father would fall asleep on the couch and start snoring at 8 pm. Once the snoring started we would yell at him to go on up to bed because we couldn't hear the TV above his snoring. In which he would suddenly jerk awake and claim he's awake and wasn't sleeping or snoring. He would stay awake for a few minutes then fall back asleep, start snoring again and we'd repeat the process.
Fast forward 15 years. Now, I don't snore (I don't Dan!), but I've become a habitual early-to-bed, early-to-riser like my father. I tell people I go to bed at 9 pm, but in reality I'm in bed by 8:30. Sometimes I read for 20 minutes or so, but most of the time the lights are out before 9 pm. I don't vary from this on the weekends either. If I'm lucky, I'll stay up to 10 pm on the weekends, but most weekends I still go to bed by 9 pm. In my defense, I'm up most mornings by 4:45 - 5:00 am, and I consider 5:30 am to be sleeping in. On the weekends sometimes I'll sleep as late as 7:00, but often I'm up earlier (having two whiny bassets helps with this).
Last night, however, I hit a new low. I went to bed at 7:30 pm and the lights were out by 7:45 pm (and, it was still light outside). After two tough workouts yesterday, I came home and I was BEAT. I could barely muster to courage to go out to dinner (Dan's headed out of town so we planned a dinner date. We went to the Southwestern University cafeteria upon my request. Story for another time).
We got home around 7 pm, and I starting reading on the couch. By 7:30 pm, I was nodding off. I told Dan I was going to bed. His response: "Are you kidding me? It's 7:30 pm." Nope, no kidding here. Off to bed I went.
I was up at 5:00 am rocking and ready to workout.
OMG I've become my father (love you Dad!)...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am usually dead to the world by 9. I don't snore (unless I am sick...or had WAY too much to drink which just about never happens). Now I wish I was out because of workouts, but it is not. Though I do LOVE my reasons. They are a different kind of workout I guess.
ReplyDeleteI say it's fine! Head to bed when you are sleepy.