I meant to blog about this last week when it happened, but alas, time got away from me.
Once a month at work we have divisional safety meetings. Some of these people who attend the meeting I do not know very well since they aren't in my direct department. Our monthly meeting was last Wednesday. I happened to have a sleeveless blouse on. While we were waiting for the meeting to start, the lady sitting next to me says "Wow, you have big arms." She immediately must have noticed by blank stare and/or what the hell look because she followed up with "Oh, that came out wrong. I don't mean fat. I mean really muscular."
Wow. Then it got even better. I'm still a little speechless at this point. What do I say? Is this a compliment (I actually took it that way, well because I'd rather have muscular arms than flabby arms). Anyway, I just kind of smiled. She then asks "What do you do. Aerobics or something?"
Now, no offense to anyone who does aerobics, but it was all I could do not to fall over laughing. Definitely not aerobics, and especially not the Jane Fonda leotard and leg warmer wearing aerobics that I know this lady was picturing.
I told her I swim a lot, and also do a lot of push-ups and planks. I'm pretty sure she had no idea what a plank was, but anyway, end of conversation...
Speaking of the office, I've realized that the more I run the more my fashion suffers. I'm lucky that my office attire is business casual, with more emphasis on the casual part (jeans are acceptable every day). I realized how much I lean toward the casual when I dressed up the other day and Dan said "You look nice. You have a meeting today?" BUSTED. I did have a meeting. And, that tends to be the only time I pull out the nice slacks and blouse (even though I have a closet full of nice business attire).
Let's not even talk about my hair or (lack of) make-up at the office. Since most days I work out again at lunch, there is no use fixing my hair for a few hours, when it's just going to get messed up again. So, I just got with the wet hair in a bun look on a daily basis...hot, I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

There is nothing wrong with no make-up or taking the extra time for hair. Most women wish they could feel good without all the extra trouble. Can you tell I would rather sleep than take the extra time?
ReplyDeleteAs for clothes, I really never wore jeans to work (except Fridays). I did have to make a decission this year to dress nicer though (not so many kakis). That was so that I could feel better about being at work (looking more the part I guess). It sorta works.
As for the women, who cares. I think you look amazing! I can't say that I would do anything to be built like that because then I would be doing what you do. But, really, she was just amazed...as she should be. She'd really be amazed if you got into exactly what you do. Then she'd be speechless...as I am quite often.
Thanks, Lexi! You are too kind :)
ReplyDelete