Friday, June 17, 2011

Just call me sucker...

I bit the bullet today and signed up for the Kerrvile Half-Ironman in October. Then I looked at the elevation chart of the bike and run courses. Damn. Looks like I am going to be doing some serious hill training over the next few months....yeeeesh.

First, check out the hill at the end of run. Who puts a hill like that at the end of a half-marathon of a Half-Ironman? It appears as if it goes on for several miles. For realz.

Although I scared to death I am going to fall off my bike trying to ride up one of monster hills, training for this type of tough race will work actually well with my JFK 50-miler training. So I guess there is a silver lining...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've told you how you could train for this. Fly up here, and ride with my girls attached to the back of you. I MIGHT be able to keep up then. We have some hilly areas, and the added weight will make the ironman ride feel like a breeze. And my girls would love the ride, but I would have to drag the extra 50+ lbs myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Dan would let me quit me job, I'm ALL about that. Good training AND hang out with your cute girls? I'd love that! :)

    ReplyDelete