Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Obsession: Lululemon

I should preface this blog post by mentioning a former obsession of mine, Nike Women's Tempo Track Shorts (pictured below).

I have at least 20+ pair of them in all different colors, prints, patterns etc. No joke, Dan has cut me off from buying any more of these shorts. This may have stemmed after I filled up an entire dresser with running clothes, then demanded another dresser for the overflow.

He says I have more running shorts than there are days in a year. I do run a lot, so I justify a ridiculous amount of running attire is needed. Plus, let's be honest - we don't go out much, and so I pretty live in my running clothes on the weekends even when I'm not running.

Fast forward to a week ago. Confession time.

I am unfathomably and incomprehensibly addicted to lululemon athletica.

I need an intervention! No, I’m serious. I’m not just being facetious.

It started last week in San Diego when I spied a lululemon store. I have been hearing the lululemon hype and seeing EVERYONE in their head-to-toe clothes with that little tiny lululemon circle on their sides, back and butts. I’d been avoiding stepping foot in a store because of the price point and scoffed, “$60! Why would you need to spend $60 on a pair of running shorts when you can get ones just as good for $25 from Dick's Sporting Goods. Psshhhh.”

That was until I went into their San Diego store and tried on a pair of their Speed Shorts (see picture below). Yeah, okay. I stand corrected. They’re worth every penny of $60, and no, you cannot find shorts like them at Dick's or Sports Authority or Target for $25.

Oh the speed shorts! Oh pockets! Oh fit! Comfort! Oh cute prints! Oh matching tank tops! You’re all going to be the death of my bank account.

When I become fixated on something – I take fixation to a whole new level. Since San Diego I’ve started searching eBay for lululemon (I may have bid on a few things Dan), scoured the Texas area for an outlet store, searched for on-line coupons, and already made my Christmas wish list.

The worst (or perhaps best) part about it is that I’ve realized now that working for Parks & Recreation - particularly in the summer when we're outdoors a lot with our camps- means I don’t actually have to get dressed and fancy every day. I work with people who wear t-shirts and tennis shoes every day. So I started just to wear my running clothes to work since it saves me a step when going to workout at lunch or rushing to a workout after .

So obviously now I need an ENTIRE running (cough lululemon cough) wardrobe, so I don’t wear the same thing to work every day.

Obviously.Let's forget about my entire Nike and other brands of apparel running collection.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! That's funny you posted this! I ran a 10k 2 weeks back and a lot of the girl's had Lululemon running skirts on. They are so cute and I really really want a pair!! (See my post today.) I love the shorts you have pictured above! I love ebay and am watching a few of those skirts right now! :) Wish they weren't so expensive!! And I have never tried them on so to hear they have good pockets and they fit good...well just more excuse to buy a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what will keep me from buying them...my but will not even come close to looking that cute. Though I realized today that I should just bite the bullet; seems most shorts ride up anyway becoming just about that short. The paternal is cute, and I do wish I had a pocket for my key when I run other places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer program is optimized for the U.
    Many people wish to increase their lean muscle mass and create your
    toned, developed body that is not only aesthetically attractive, but strong
    and healthy additionally. Whenever upgrades became ready you'll fully grasp this totally free no matter what quantity of money cost to establish them.

    My webpage ... Muscle Maximizer Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only that he's doing the opposite of getting people fit. His album Homework shot to popularity as soon as it got released in the year 1997. Pair them with satin gloves to get an extremely 80s glam look.

    my web site: daft punk random access memories rar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer program is optimized for the U.
    To find out if it is actually true and to understand better if Kyle Leon's system is generally for you or not, let's look
    into a few of the benefits and drawbacks of the product.
    At duration for just a very limited time
    time period, it'll be incorporated a unique plan that will produce complete ''mirror magic'' for your entire body within seven days.

    Here is my web site - Muscle Maximizer Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. The final of the top five free family blog sites listed in this article is Live
    - Journal. Please make sure you are self hosting your Wordpress Blog.
    My call to travel with Word Press and not with one among the other big blogging entities like Blogger,
    had the whole lot to try to to with my possessing whole control over the web site.


    my site: WP Social Press Review

    ReplyDelete