This was posted on the JFK 50-miler web site this morning:
The 49th Annual JFK 50 Mile General Field has been filled. All standard entries coming in now (that have checked the box requesting to be placed on a waiting list) will be placed on a waiting list. Once the waiting list is filled, all entries --and the accompanying entry processing fees-- will be returned when a SASE has been enclosed with the entry application --and shredded when absent of a SASE.
I had a bit of a panic attack after reading this because I had not heard anything, and as of yesterday morning, the check I sent as my registration fee had not been cashed.
Then I scrolled down ... and saw this:
Race Entrants Listing First 500 July 8th
I anxiously clicked on it, scrolled down to the 'R's and my name was on there.
To make sure it wasn't too good to be true, I checked our bank account and the registration check had indeed been cashed.
I GOT IN!
Maryland, here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is SO exciting!! WOW, what an experience that will be!
ReplyDelete