I was kind of hoping that I could come up with some sort of profound ability to be able to put into words how running has changed me – because it has. It's not just physically put me in a better place, but mentally as well. Ultimately I have decided that I don’t think I can really convey my feelings. People will either get it, or they won’t. I am fairly confident that anyone who has seen me at a race, while they may not really understand why I do what I do, could see by the smile on my face when I race that running is a part of me.
I can't believe I'm about to share these photos, but I guess what I want to show people is that I wasn't born out of the womb running. I wasn't born with athletic genes. I haven't always been as crazy about running, swimming or biking as I am now. I haven't always been healthy. And, I certainly wasn't always fit. I've struggled with weight issues and self esteem issues. But, I do believe with hard work, you can make a change for the better. So, here ya go...
Then...circa November 2004.
The product of too much Mexican food, beer & late night pizza.
One of my first races getting back to running. Dan kicked my a$$ in this race and it pissed me off for months.
The product of too much Mexican food, beer & late night pizza.
One of my first races getting back to running. Dan kicked my a$$ in this race and it pissed me off for months.

Hardest 5 miles of my life. I'm afraid to even look up my time from that race.




I can totally tell a difference!! You look awesome! It's such a great feeling to know you look and feel your best! Be proud of that! Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteHm...I think I will be able to do that before and after shot soon. Not quite your after, but much better than October last year.
ReplyDeleteYeah for the wonderful qualities of running (need to be remembering that now as I get ready for a tempo run).
See ya in November, I will he there somewhere.