It's been a stressful few weeks or so...lots on the plate. I'm pretty overwhelmed at work with multiple projects going on simultaneously, and I keep getting pulled into new ones. Coupled with training, I feel like all I do is work, workout, sleep, rinse, repeat.
So, Friday night, despite having a plan of meeting up with friends for a pub run downtown, I completely unplugged. I left my pile of work at work, I turned off the phone, the TV, music, didn't check email...instead I picked up a book and went to bed early.
I had a pretty successful weekend. Saturday morning I met up with a friend of a long ride and ended up getting in 50 miles on the bike - my longest so far this year. And, the best part about it was I actually felt like I could have ridden further. Usually by 50 miles I am uncomfortable and screaming to get off my bike, but it wasn't the case this week. I finished up with a 3 mile t-run and called it a day. Tried to relax the rest of the afternoon and get ready for Sunday's triathlon.
Sunday the Couples Triathlon! On of my favorite races that I do with Dan every year. Last year when I did this race I was coming off of Ironman CDA and felt like I was on top of my game and ended up with a great race (for me). I knew this year I likely wouldn't be able to beat my time from last year (1:19:57), but my goal was to come close (ended up finishing in 1:21:13). I actually did better in the swim (5 second faster) and run (14 seconds faster) this year, but my bike leg wasn't as strong (as expected). I ended up riding my road bike yesterday...not feeling comfortable enough on the tri bike yet to race with it.
Race stats were...
800m swim - 18:39
11.2 mile bike - 38:02, 17.7 mph
3.1 mile run - 21:09, 6:49 pace
I was really happy with yesterday's race, especially after some big volume during the week . This was my second triathlon of the season, and while I still have some work to do, I feel good with where I'm at. Yesterday's race is one of the tougher courses in the area, and I felt like I attacked it pretty well. So, all in all a great weekend. Kudos to my husband and teammate in yesterday's tri who had a great race even though he doesn't think so. I really enjoy being able to do these type of fun and healthy activities with my husband.
Today was back to work...and work is getting a little crazier this week with a special event coming up on Thursday so my workouts will require a little flexibility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You have been training so much! I don't know how you do it. I am exhausted each week and I don't do half of what you do! Hope you have a great week and that your event goes well on Thursday!
ReplyDelete