What taper looks like in my house.
| Luckily I found two friends willing to be lazy with me. Imagine that. |
So, I made a few rules this week. Turn off work at 5 pm. No checking emails in the evening, responding to requests or worrying about things that can wait until the next day. Leave it all in the office.
Catch up on sleep. This is the most important thing to me right now. I've set an 8 pm bed time for myself this week (I know, don't laugh) and am happy to say the past two nights I've turned out the lights at 7:59 pm. Going to bed at 8 pm sure does make it easier to get up at 4:45 am. :)
Watch my nutrition. I've been pretty atrocious with this lately (stress eating!!), so I went to the store on Monday and filled up the cart with fruits, veggies and other good for you stuff. Now I just have to eat it and not be tempted to dial my favorite number lately 1-800-PAPA. :)
Anyone have any good taper strategies? How do you approach taper for a big race?

Ahh they don't look like they are enjoying your taper at all!
ReplyDeleteGood for you going to bed by 8. I try to get in before 9, otherwise I am WAY too tired the next day!
And I think it's great to check out of work! I barely ever check my emails from home.
It sounds like you know how to taper in style. :) Love the hound dog picture!
ReplyDeleteLove this pic! Dogs and a book and the couch! Sounds like a good time. Hope your taper goes well!
ReplyDelete