Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chasing Iron

I've had several people ask me why I decided to sign up for an Ironman, and how I feel now that I have signed up.

Okay, now the reality of signing up for an Ironman has hit me. I am reading the race reports and thinking I don't know how much fuel I need, I have no idea how to change a flat tire and I am feeling very overwhelmed and the training hasn't even begun. But, I am going to take a deep breath and get through it.

As to why did I do it? Well, this quote sums it all up: "If there were ever a time to dare, to make a difference, to embark on something worth doing, it is now. Not for any grand cause, necessarily, but for something that tugs at your heart, something that's your aspiration, something that's your dream. You owe it to yourself to make your days here count. Have fun. Dig deep. Stretch. Dream big."

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment