Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Tidbits

  • Although I had a crappy day yesterday at work, the day ended up finishing on a good note. Dan and I went to Austin for Jack & Adam's monthly Splash & Dash (750m open water swim, followed by a 3km run). Jack & Adams puts on these great chip timed (and cheap) races once a month. Not only did I post my fastest swim time EVER at the Splash & Dash, I also improved my overall time from the past two montly races! Dan only beat me by 25 seconds in the swim this time. It's nice to see improvements, especially since I didn't feel like I had a good swim.
  • Yesterday's workout stats: AM: 6 mile run ; Lunch: 1800 yd easy swim ; PM: 750 m open water swim; 3 km run.
  • After eating not-so-great the past few weeks, I've started a new eating "plan", if you will. Not a diet, but I'm cutting out junk - basically anything that does not provide nutritional value. With as much as I work out, I feel like I really need to be feeding my body the right foods. I've been replacing snacks like ice cream, candy, crackers, Starbucks frappacino's with fruit and veggies. I'm also trying to eat more natural foods and less processed foods. I was very pleased with my fruit intake yesterday: 3 bananas, an apple & a nectarine.
  • This new eating plan has, however, left me craving ice cream. Monday night I woke up and all I could think about was how much I wanted ice cream. This continued all day yesterday but I ignored it. And then when I woke up this morning I was still craving it. WTF body? And, no, I'm not preggo!!!
  • Ran 8 miles easy with Francie this morning...although it felt hard to me because my body is sore all over. I was hoping to bike tonight, but I think I am going to swim at lunch and call it a day. My body needs rest. I'll try the biking tomorrow night.
  • Dan and I are signed up to run Houston in January!!! I'm doing the full, he's doing the half. I'm totally pumped to do this race, and glad we got a spot....it sold out in less than 2 days. Crazy.
  • I'm getting my hair cut today, and can't wait. Just FYI.
  • My kink in the neck is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment