
Dan and I raced the Waco Olympic Distance Triathlon yesterday...yes, you heard me correctly, DAN and I both competed. Long story short, Dan filled in at the last moment for a co-worker of mine who was supposed to race but got hurt. He had never done an Olympic distance race before, and I kind of volunteered him to take my friend's place, giving him less than 24 hours notice after he had just run 7 miles on Saturday morning....great wife, aren't I. BUT, he did freakin' awesome and I am so proud of him!! Seriously, he was AMAZING.
I had a strong race as well, for me anyways, and was especially pleased with my performance considering I worked out long and hard back-to-back on Friday & Saturday. My swim time was the only thing I wasn't stoked about ... it was way slower than expected, but it appears that everyone's was, and that the course was at least 200m LONG, although the ego-centric race director swears up and down it was accurate. Who knows! The run course was long as well - 6.5 miles as opposed to 6.2, but that extra .3 makes a damn difference on that course! But, on the map it had the run course marked as 6.5 miles, so I guess the race director doesn't know the correct distance of a 10K even though he claimed in his LENGTHY pre-race meeting that he knew all. Anyway, I digress...
I enjoyed this race for the most part (minus the race director and his long-winded and extremely annoying 35 min speech that delayed the race). The bike course was great, and the run course was beautiful and extremely challenging (read: hilly) and definitely the hardest 10k course I've raced in a triathlon. I felt much better in this race than I did in Cap Tex which was the last Olympic Race I did, so I feel like I'm making progress.
Sunday ended about 6-7 weeks continuous racing for me, and I am taking a much needed break for racing until Labor Day. My focus now will be to start focusing on the longer weekend runs for the Baltimore Marathon, and longer weekend rides for the Longhorn 70.3.
Waco Stats:
Swim: 39:50 - 2:3p/100m
Swim: 39:50 - 2:3p/100m
Bike: 1:22:31 - 18.4 mph
Run: 47:04 - 7:35 min/mi
Total Time: 2:54:14
Total Time: 2:54:14
Today's Workout:
AM: 5 mile eaaasy run
Lunch: 1700 yd swim
No more workouts for me tonight. Have to watch the season finale of the Bachelorette tonight!!

No comments:
Post a Comment