I've been neglecting my blog as of late. I am sorry my dear friendly readers. Work is super busy, people are super annoying and I am just super. (ha, I kid, I kid).
I've followed my Ironman routine for the most part this week (although I deemed today a "rest day") and have learned a few important things so far. I'm quickly learning that part of the training is adjusting to operating in a physically fatigued state, and by operate I don't just mean make it through the day, I mean make it through the day and get solid workouts in as well. I also think I was a bit of an overachiever in my planning: working out three times a day is way to freaking much. I'm too old for that. Twice a day, with the occasional three-a-day workout, will have to suffice.
After chatting with a friend who has done many Ironmans, I've decided that a 12 month training plan for an Ironman will lead to burnout and is just plain insanity. He assures me that I just need to maintain my current base and go with a 20 week Ironman training plan. So, this weekend I am going to re-evaluate my plans.
I'm also quickly learning how expensive this damn sport is. For training purposes, I'm going to need to race another half-ironman this summer. Luckily, there's Longhorn 70.3 which is local but still boasts a hefty $250 entry fee. I better wait to tell the Hubbs about this one.
Since my lazy butt did not get out of bed for my scheduled 12 miler this morning, I will be doing it bright and early tomorrow with RunTex. Afterwards, I'll head to the Rec for a longer swim. Sunday is Couples Triathlon, and my only goal is not to let Dan beat me (although I'll be behind from the start because he's a much faster swimmer).
That's all. Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment